My Photo
Name:

As a former foster myself, my passion is to advocate side-by-side with young people in and from foster care, to partner with them to design proactive policy solutions, and to promote resources to improve outcomes.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Ask Me Why I Hurt


Phoenix pediatrician Randy Christensen recounts the past decade spent treating Arizona's homeless youth, including the burdens cared by youth, and by the professionals who wish they could do more for them:
  • "We're sorry," they said - and behind their voices I heard budget cuts, and high caseloads, and people sick with stress themselves over all the help they wished they could give...
  • Under that hope was a terrible black fear. It was the fear of everything that had ever happened to her...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home