My Photo
Name:

As a former foster myself, my passion is to advocate side-by-side with young people in and from foster care, to partner with them to design proactive policy solutions, and to promote resources to improve outcomes.

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Wait for me



Wayne by Chantal Kreviazuk: This song is very powerful... there is Lolita quality to the video that creeps me out a bit.

But what I hear more than anything else in this song is the sting of abandonment. Little girl laying out the dirty laundry for all to see. Father-hungry and fearful; forsaken and alone...

I agree with another blogger that, "Conventional wisdom tells us that, in order for a story to be believable, it must be written from experience," and that the reason that Chantal's music is able to cast aside any doubt of insincerity is her passion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home