My Photo
Name:

As a former foster child, my passion is advocating for and with foster care youth, publicizing the challenges that they face and addressing their developmental and emotional needs through workshops.

Saturday, September 08, 2007

I love what Loquacious posted about Madeleine

"Godspeed, Madeleine L'Engle. If there's a there there, you know what to do. Your work is cut out for you. Be Named and know that I love you."

I liked this posting by Gingersnap as well:

"When she visited my small grade school in the late 80s, she was the first famous person and author that I had ever met, and it was quite a wonderful shock to discover that she was so human. That, more than anything else, made me believe that I actually might be able to be a writer someday. One of the best days of my childhood."

I had to totally agree with Kanolia, who posted:

"And there dies yet another piece of my childhood."

I was touched by Arctic Woman's confession:

"Why am I crying? Madeline L'Engle, you were so important to me. You taught 8-year-old me that the world was amazing, that science was interesting, and that I - using my mind - could be the hero of my own story. Thank you for all your gifts."


And this, from a writer identifying his/herself only as CMYK, was just funny and cool:

"I remember, during one of my many re-reads of A Wrinkle In Time, I sat down and thought about a tesseract. I visualized everything - the square, the cube, the cube squared - and for one brief perfect moment I got it. I could see the whole thing inside my head, backwards and forwards, and I understood how it worked. Then it slipped right back out of my skull, because a tesseract is an awfully big thing to stuff into a child's head. But for the moment I got it, it was awesome."

Source: http://www.metafilter.com/64499/A-In-Time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home